Places Festival

The complex was established by the Friars Minor Conventual of Saint Francis and commissioned by Francesco Ricchieri with the consent of Pope Martino V and the Bishop of Concordia, Arrigo di Strassoldo.
It dates back to 1424 and used to contain frescoes by Il Pordenone, currently housed in the Art Museum. In 1767 the Republic of Venice closed the church and convent. The complex was purchased by private individuals and used for a variety of different purposes.
Currently owned by the Municipality of Pordenone, it hosts exhibitions, symposiums and concerts.
The "Giuseppe Verdi" Municipal Theatre in Pordenone was built on the ashes of the Cinema Teatro Verdi, which was closed on 30 June 1999 and later demolished.
The building was highly anticipated by the city because of its great symbolic value, but also for the contribution it offers to the dissemination of culture and art and hence to the quality of life; building began on 7 January 2002.
After 970 days the people of Pordenone and the entire province were consigned a facility comprising a main hall for staging opera, music, dance, prose performances, conferences and films; a "Ridotto" room used mainly for conferences, airing films, small performances or concerts; a rehearsal room and an unstructured space particularly suited to research performances. The theatre’s current capacity is 938 seats in the Sala Grande (Main Hall), 145 seats in the Ridotto room and 99 seats in the Sala Prove (Rehearsal Room).
The first inaugural event was held on Saturday 28 May 2005.
Palazzo Ricchieri is one of the oldest buildings in the city, but originally looked very different: it was much smaller and resembled a fortified tower house, like many mansions built in medieval times so they were easier to defend.
The building was originally built during the thirteenth century in Pordenone’s old city centre, for defensive purposes, in proximity to the entrance to the city from the port on the Noncello River. The oldest part of the building is the corner of the mansion nearest to the bell tower and the municipal loggia.
The Biblioteca Civica (Civic Library) of Pordenone, moved to the beautiful building that used to house the Convent of the Dominican Friars in 2010, is a modern, multimedia library divided into two main sections, one for Adults and one for Children.

In the Adults Section we can find the following:

  • Newspapers and magazines library
  • Music library
  • Cartoons
  • Young Adults section
  • Interlibrary lending
  • Local section
  • Special collections
  • Periodical archive


There is also an exhibition room and the “Teresina Degan” conference room.
The Library organises conferences, book presentations, activities for promoting listening to music, exhibitions on the theme of visual arts + writing and guided tours for schoolchildren and groups. La Biblioteca di Dedica
via G. Mazzini, 60

The Capitol, a former cinema in Pordenone converted into a multipurpose room, hosts live music, theater, conferences, cultural events.
Aula Magna Silvio Trentin, Ca’ Dolfin
Dorsoduro, 3825/E
Aula Pasolini, Palazzo Garzolini Di Toppo Wassermann
via Gemona, 92
Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt
Stiftungssaal Der Kärntner Sparkasse O.0.01